July Empties

I can't believe it's August already - crazy how fast the year is going! Once again, I find myslef throwing out all my empties for the month and realising how many products I've actually been through in July!
Here's what I finished up:


Colgate Plax Mouthwash in Freshmint
Not much to say about this one as you may have seen it come up regularly in these empties posts - love it and will continue to use this foe a while I think!

Imperial Leather Foamburst in Sea Kelp and Birch Bark
Another regular product - I think I have now been through all the scents of this delightful shower gel and quite enjoyed them all.

Imperial Leather Foamburst Shower Gel Mini in Passionflower and Jojoba
This was such a perfect size for when I had to spend the night somewhere or shower at the gym.

Loreal Gentle Eye Make-up Remover
I bought this a little while back to qualify for a GWP and I must say, I'm not a big fan of it. It seems to take several swipes to remove my eye makeup and even when I think I've got it all I still wake up with panda eyes the next morning.

Loreal Elvive Re-nutrition Nourishing Hair Mask
I may have mentioned before but I've pretty much given up on using a standard conditioner and now use a hair mask every time I wash my hair. My hair is just so dry it seems to never get enough moisture so I've found a mask soaks in much better.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW25
Another regular - this is still my Holy Grail of Foundation along with my MAC MSF Natural in Medium Plus. Can't wait till I go to Hawaii in October to stock up on MAC products!

Miessence Sunflower Body Wash
This wasn't very impressive, it didn't lather particularly well and the scent was underwhelming. Sort of a light floral scent but not enough to really notice without having your nose in the bottle!

Thalgo Soft Hydrating Emulsion
This moisturised well for what was quite a thin lotion and left my skin feeling and smelling fresh. Still prefer somethinga bit thicker for daily use though so won't be purchasing this full size.

DNKY Be Delicious EDT 30ml
I love this scent! It's fruity without being sickly sweet and it's been one I've purchased a few times over the past few years. I'm trying to save for Hawaii at the moment but might pick up a replacement bottle when I'm over there.

Garnier BB Cream in Medium
Another repurchase item for me that you've probable seen before. I did pick up the new formulation of this last week so will be doing a comparison bblog post on the two soon as they really are very different!

Sunsilk Co-creations Weather Defense Light Cream
I used this a few times in place of hairspray when I was putting my hair up and needed something to tame flyaways. It worked well at first but I did notice it didn't have very much hold and the hairs were back hovering around my face within a few hours.

Garnier Clean Detox Facial Wipes
I love the refreshing scent of Garnier products and these wipes were a perfect pick me up if I wanted to take off my makeup during the day and redo it (say before heading out) or when I was feeling lazy late at night.

Nair Large Reusable Wax Strips
It takes me forever to go through a pack of these. I find buying the larger strips is much more economical than the smaller ones and I just cut them up to use on whatever area I need to. The biggest problem with these? The wax is not water soluble so I always need to hunt around for some baby oil once I have used up the wipes included to remove any leftover wax residue.

John Plunkett Instant Wrinkle Filler
This was a sample size included with Beauty Basket a few months ago and I loved it! I've never tried and products from the John Plunkett range before but this worked a charm as a primer and made my foundation glide on smoothly and last all day.

White Glo Toothpaste
Yep, that again. My go to for white and sparkly teeth!

Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara
I think I got this as a freebie being offered with Grazia last year and it was such a cheap way of getting to try this fabulous benefit product. I found it didn't quite give the "false lash" effect I like on my upper lashes but it was perfect for using on my lower lashes as it stayed put all day and gave them definition without creating panda eyes. I have already replaced this!

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Cashew Beige
I decided to give this a go last year after hearing so many girls on YouTube raving about it and I was quite impressed. It is definately a full coverage foundation and it quite thick. I saved it mostly for use when I was heading out at night as it just felt a bit too thick for everyday use. I think it would definately be worth a try if you were after the flawless, thicker coverage however it just didn't quite measure up to me MAC foundation.

Maybelline Baby Lips in Protecting Berry
I am finding myself finishing up so many lip balms this winter! Working indoors with heating pumping (although our work one is a bit broken and likes to pump out freezing cold air most of the day!)  has left my lips in a chronic state of dryness. Grr....

Berts Bees Replenishing Lip Balm
Another lip product to prove my point. I really like the way the Berts Bees lip balms are quite waxy so they seem to stay on the lips a bit longer than some others.

Coles Make Up Remover Pads
You knew they'd be included right? Love these!
And finally, a sad thing happened in July - my GHD stopped working! Or more accuratly, started smoking and the plastic started bubbling! There were very nearly tears...

That said, I have had it almost 5 years and it has been a faithful and loyal companion as we worked together to eliminate frizz and it had been such a hard worker. I am sad to see it go and will be getting another one asap!

Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend...
Totally had an unhealthy dependant relationship with my straightener...
Hope you are having a beautiful day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of empties! :) Love DKNY's Be Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells amazing! :-) Taking all my will power not to go straight out and replace it but I have so many other perfumes to use up...

      Delete