Nail of the Day - Sally Hansen Quick Colour Nail Pen in Purple


I received this fantastic colour pen in my June Bellabox and put it aside to try only to totally forget about it! So when I was chatting to a friend last week who couldn't stop raving about it I dug it up and tried it out and I was blown away! It reminds me of those Posca pens I used to play with as a kid, you just click the end of the pen to dispense the polish and then a few quick swipes over each nail and you're out the door! I really loved this metallic purple colour, my only complaint was that the finish is a bit matte for my liking so I made sure I applied a glossy topcoat over the top. I'm not sure if that was just the finish of this particular colour but I can't wait to pick up some more of these and try them out.

Have you tried these pens? What did you think?

Hope you are having a beautiful day!

3 comments:

  1. I got one in my bellabox too! I got the colour turquoise, and I used it on my toes. Love it except for application, I found it a bit annoying because when the polish comes out, it comes out from the base of the brush, and therefore the tips of the brush doesnt get as much polish. So I found it quite hard to get polish near the cuticles. But otherwise, I love the colour and the wear is great so far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that at first but if I held the pen upside down for a few secs with the tip resting near the base of my nail it seemed to flow quite well. I'm curious to see if these pens dry out a bit over time and become not as user friendly... Turquoise would've been gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. Lovely colour! And lovely blog! Check out mine? :) xx
    http://luckybeauty07.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete