Nail of the Day - Revlon Raspberry Rapture

This was a polish I picked up on our very last night in Hawaii when I wanted to paint my nails but realised I had packed all my other polishes away! It reminds me quite a bit of the Sportsgirl Nail Colour in Lipstick which was a favourite for years and I thought itwould be a bright, happy colour to remind me of my holiday on the trip home.


I didn't realise until I had already bought it but it is one of the Revlon scented polishes. The idea of these wasn't really appealing to me but I was keen to see if they smelt nice once applied on my nails. The odd thing about these is the formula just smells like regular nail polish and it's only as it dries that the scent develops. I have to say though, it still retained some of the chemical fragrance so ended up reminding me of a raspberry medicine scent. I'm not sure if others in this range would smell better but the colour is what I was after and it did last quite well without a top or base coat.

Have you used any of these scented nail polishes? Would love to know your thoughts!

Hope you are having a beautiful day!

8 comments:

  1. That's a pretty colour. I love the Revlon nail polishes as I find they wear quite well, but I have never tried any of the scented ones, I can't say they have appealed to me either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, the scented thing seems a bit weird to me... Plus I kept wondering where the smell was coming from every time I put ny nails near my face and it took me a few secs to realise it was my nails!

      Delete
  2. you are so right this is such a happy colour! its a shame it smelled like raspberry medicine lol i like their nail polishes but i havent as yet tried the scented ones :)
    http://allthingsbeautybytiarni.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't say I'm a big fan of the scented ones based just on this colour but so fun and summery - now I just need the weather to warm up here to match my nails! :-)

      Delete
  3. This is such a bright pretty colour for summer! I have never tried scented nail polish before haha!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty colour! I have some scented ones from Rimmel that smell lovely, it's a shame that this one smells medicinal though!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know Rimmel did scented ones as well! Are they nice smelling?

      Delete