What I took to Hawaii - Makeup

I'm always fascinated by seeing what other beauty bloggers pack when they go travelling (I probably need treatment for my addiction to 'What's in my bag?' videos on Youtube!) so I thought I'd share what I packed to take along to Hawaii. I tried not to take too much as I was planning on stocking up on makeup over there however we were spending a few days in Brisbane first so I wanted to make sure I had what I needed to see me through. Here's what I decided on:


Urban Decay Quinceanera Makeup Bag
This one was so tricky to get (I picked it up a few months ago). I saw it on a Youtube video and decided I had to have it however Urban Decay won't ship to Australia and it was sold out everywhere else so I had to get a parcel fowarding company to buy it for me (they won't accecept international credit cards) and ship it to me. The process took a few weeks and cost far more than I should've paid for a makeup bag but I am in love with it so it makes it all worthwhile! :-)

MAC Studiofix Fluid in NW25
This is my HG foundation and although I wasn't planning on wearing a heavy foundation daily I wanted to make sure I had it in case we were heading out for dinner or a night out.

MAC Bronzer in Refined Golden
I have seriously been using this same bronzer for about the last two years - it lasts forever! Definately a must for enhancing my holiday glow!

NARS Blush in Orgasm
This blush was one I picked up when I was in Hawaii two years ago and although I have hit pan on it there is still quite a bit of product to go. This is such a perfect shade so I am pretty happy to use just this shade for any look I want to create.

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle
Another essential for creating a soft bronze glow. This makes both a lovely highlighter and doubles as a shimmery eyeshadow so is a great multi-use product.

Australis Nudist Palette
I was so excited when I won this product from Tara's giveaway a few months ago. It contains the perfect range of darker and lighter neutrals and is a great compact way of taking a few eyeshadow shades away easily.

Maybelline Brow Gel
This is a staple for giving my eyebrows a neat, polished look but is so hard to find here. Not sure why but I'm was hoping I cou pick up a few more backups while I was away as this one was nearing it's end.

Maybelline The Falsies Flared Waterproof Mascara in Blackest Black
Another product that it very near the end of its life! I planned to pick up some new mascaras while I was away so I wasn't to fussed if this ran out on me.

Rimmel 100% Waterproof Mascara
This doesn't give me the bold, voluminous lashes I normally like but I have found this to be a great option for when I want to wear mascara to the beach each day. It works really well giving my lashes a little bit of a black coat and lasts all day through swimming and sweating it out in the sun.

MAC Eye Kohn in Smoulder
Another great product for quickly transforming my makeup for night. I love this pencil for giving me a more defined eye and lasting for hours without budging.

Eye of Horus Liquid Define Liner
This has quickly become my favourite liquid liner and is so easy to use (I must admit, I am pretty average at applying most gel/liquid liners)!

Benefit Bo-ing Concealor in Medium
This is a great multi-use concealor for both under my eyes and any blemishes. It can be a tad on the heavy side for using during the day but I wanted to have it for using at night along with my foundation.

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
This didn't get much use during the day but it helps my eyeshadow stay in place perfectly for when I wanted to take more time with my makeup for night.

Avon Magix Primer
Yet another product I was really only intending on using at night. The sticky humidity in Hawaii tends to mean my makeup has a tendancy to slide off so this helps it last much longer.

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium Plus
This is normally my powder on top of my Studio Fix Fluid but I brought this to use with just a tinted moisturiser as my daily makeup. It gives my just the right amount of coverage and evens out my skintone without looking too cakey. I also feel like my skin breathes quite well when I wear this, so I'm not as likely to get breakouts from wearing makeup all day in warmer weather.

Do you have specific products you pack when you are heading to the beach?

Hope you have a beautiful day!

4 comments:

  1. this is a great post :) i normally pack an eyeshadow palette to save space and pretty much everything else you have packed,great minds think alike :)
    http://allthingsbeautybytiarni.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiani, I have a tendancy to massivly overpack so sticking to one pallette keeps me in line! Haha...

      Delete
  2. I don't think I take as many brushes as you. For my trip to Europe & Singapore, I took a fluffy face powder brush, an angled eyeshadow brush thing (for contouring my nose), a NYX fat shadow smokie brush (which is like an eyeshadow brush but it bristles are short and really dense - great for blending out the contour powder) and an angled blush brush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ur so good Abigail! I start off packing light then start to worry I might need something so I add to it and end up taking a ton of stuff... Oops!

      Delete