December Empties

A little later than normal but here are the things I used up in December. Not a whole lot this month, but a few new products I had been trying out for a little while. I am making it my mission for the new year to try and use up more beauty products that I have lying around! I tend to use something for a while, then get distracted when something new is released and the half used product ends up in the cupboard... oops!


Bastiste Dry Shampoo in Tropical
I have just started doing boot camp recently and this little saviour in a can has become even more of an important part of my morning routine. I don't have enough time to wash my hair before work on these days so spraying dry shampoo into the roots of my hair deslicks it, makes it smell fresh and gets me through until I can get home and wash it properly.

Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3
This is a huge pump pack I bought in the US on my last visit and it's been so good for sitting on the counter top. This is the only product that seems to keep my skin from getting oily throughout the day and will be repurchasing this for sure!

Dove Triple Moisturising Body Wash
While I do like this product I tend to prefer shower gels with more of a scent. This smells pretty much the same as the Dove bar soaps but does lather up nicely and would be good if you weren't a fan of strong scents.

Nivea Daily Essentials Extra Gentle Eye Make-up Remover
I recently picked this up at the supermarket when I ran out of my usual Clinique Take The Day Off and while it does the job, I find I need to use quite a few cotton pads with it before the last traces of my eye makeup are gone. It's a great option at a much lower price and doesn't irritate my eyes at all but I also found I go through it quite quickly.

Maybelline Baby Lips in Mango Pie
I think this may almost be my favourite of all the Maybelline Baby Lips flavours - this smells like a summer holiday in a tube! The only downside to these lovely lip balms is that they don't contain any SPF and I learnt how important that is the hard way when I got burnt lips at the beach a week or two ago - they're still very dry and recovering!

Systane Eye Drops
Working in an office with air conditioning/heating all year round dries out my eyes so much so I have bottles of these eyedrops floating around everywhere. Makes such a difference when I use these a few times a day.

Dove Go Fresh Roll-on in Nectarine and White Ginger Scent
I love these roll ons from Dove, nothing wakes me up in the morning like a refreshing, fruity scent.


Britney Spears Radiance EDT
I picked this up as part of a pack that was on clearance at Priceline last year and it was such a good size for my handbag. I often leave the house in a big rush so having it with me during the day means I can apply it on the go.

Loreal Youth Code Luminosity Serum
I was trialling this for a while last year and it was one of the many products that ended up in the back of my cupboard for a few months. I decided to dig it back out and I found it really good. It has a lovely silky texture and feels light on my skin but still manages to be very hydrating. I also loved the way my foundation went on over this - gave it a nice glowy look and made my skin smooth so it glided on easily and evenly. I would pick this up again for sure if I didn't have so many other face products to use up first!

Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Facial Cream (old formulation)
Yep, another pot of this. I love it so much and I am dreading the day I use up my last pot. I have mentioned it before but this formulation has been discontinued and the new one is nowhere near as good. It has done such an amazing job of evening out my skin's texture and fading unevenness and acne scarring.

Avene Ystheal+ Creme
As I have said before, I'm not the biggest fan of Avene products as I just don't think they do anything amazing for my skin. This moisturised quite nicely but didn't seem to be more than just a basic moisturiser.

Benefit Bo-ing Concealer in Medium
I am such a big fan of Benefit products - the quality is fantastic and the packaging is adorable! I think I have been using this same pot of concealor for about a year (almost every day) and it has only just run out on me. I was using it under my eyes for a while and it does a great job of covering dark circles, my only negative was that it can be a bit thick and crease sometimes when used in this area (particularly in Winter when my skin is drier). I tend to use it more to cover any blemishes and around the corners of my nose and chin.


Maybelline The Falsies Volum Express Waterproof in Blackest Black
My favourite mascara ever! I have about 5 backups so won't need to buy this again for a while but this gives me the most dramatic lashes I can get without using false lashes. I'm quite lucky because I have long eyelashes but need a good mascara to give me volume and darken my lashes - love, love,love this!

Ardell Brow Sculpting Gel
This came from a clearance bin at my local pharmacy and I thought it was a bit odd, as I have never seen many Ardell products available in Australia. The other Maybelline Brow Gel I like can often be hard to find so this worked just as well keeping my brown in place.

That's it for another month and I will be doing my January empties before long! Have you used up anything new this month?

Hope you are having a beautiful day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment