Time for a hair change!

After quite a few years torturing my hair to be various shades of blonde it finally spat the dummy and started snapping so it was time to give it a little break! It did cope really well considering my natural hair is curly and quite a dark brown and it has suffered through years of blow drys, straightening and bleach being painted on to get it as light as a white blonde. I was always a tad obsessed with hair masks, serums and heat protectors so I think that's why it was in good condition for so long. The bulk of my hair wasn't too bad but sadly over the last six months or so the hairs around my face, above my ears and underneath near the back of my neck have started to break and just not grow. 

Since it is winter I thought it was the perfect time to rock a darker shade for a while and give it some time to recover (a bonus will be it should save me some serious $$$)! I wanted to get it as close to my natural shade as possible so I can go for a while without stressing about regrowth but because we weren't sure how my hair would take the colour we decided to do it in a few stages. 


The first step was bleaching my roots one last time (the difference between my natural hair and the bleached section growing out was just too much of a contrast so this helped to make the colour even. My hair actually went quite a bit darker than we first thought so it was obviously very porous and sucked the colour right up. This was then followed by a toner just to keep it from throwing out lots of red tones. It turned out a pretty chestnut warm brown which while I really like it is still much lighter than my natural colour. 


The next stage will be going back in a few more weeks once my hair has settled down to go a bit darker (still deciding if we dye the whole lot again or just put some dark foils throughout). Have you ever made a drastic hair change? 

Hope you are having a beautiful day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment