September Lust Have It

I can't believe it's almost the end of September and that means it's time for another Lust Have It to arrive. I must confess, this month I couldn't help myself and was busy stalking blogs to see who had recieved their pack before me and what it contained. I was hopeful that LHI would've sorted out some of the issues they were having the last few months with the new influx of subscribers from Glossybox, timing wise my parcel was back to normal but I was a bit disappointed by the contents.

Here's what arrived:



Dermalogica Active Toner
I have tried Dermalogica products quite a few years ago and I wasn't really that impressed by them. I just found they didn't seem to work much better than cheaper supermarket cleansers and creams and were not worth the hefty pricetag. I am interested to give these samples a try, my skin has obviously changed in the last few years so maybe I will like them better now, plus I hear their products mentioned quite a bit and many people do seem to swear by their range.


Dermalogica PreCleanse
This product is applied prior to cleanser to dissolve sebum and debris on the skins surface. I'm not sure I like the idea of adding in yet another step to my daily skincare routine, I prefer my cleanser to do this all in one step.


Say It With Scent Frangipani Hand and Body Lotion
Frangipani is one of my favourite scents (makes me feel like I'm on a permanant holiday!) but I heaved a big sigh seeing yet another hand cream in this month's pack. I think I'm up to about 15 of these in my collection so will have enough hand creams to see me through until 2030. I think surely it's time we got something other than a hand cream, right?


Davroe Ultimatum Non Aerosol Hairspray
I quite like having a small hairspray that doesn't use an aerosol to throw in my handbag and for travelling. Hopefully this has a bit of hold for when I need to tame flyaways.


Mirenesse "Protect Me" Tinted Anti-Aging Balm
Yep, it's yet another Mirenesse product! I haven't minded some of their eyeshadows and lipglosses I have in my collection but I feel like we've been well and truely inundated with this brand. Also, this is a bit of a strange sample. The packaging looks like it contains enough product for a few uses but would be much easier to use if it was in a tube instead. It does feel nice and smooth so might end up being a good primer for underneath foundation but didn't really seem to have much colour of it's own.

All in all I was left feeling a bit underwhelmed by Lust Have It this month. I think they are really risking losing quite a few of their subscribers if their monthly samples don't improve.

Did you get Lust Have It this month?

Hope you are having a beautiful day!

6 comments:

  1. I got a different box, but I was a little disappointed that it contained only samples and no full sized products... Also I got something that I got in the July box :(

    Here is my review
    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/lust-have-it-box-september.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think we've had so many mponths with full sized products that a whole bunch of average samples isn't cutting it anymore. Hopefully Lust Have It improves but I really think maybe they're not able to keep up with all the new subscribers they received from Glossybox.

      Delete
  2. I cancelled my lust have it box last month and it's been really interesting seeing them from a different perspective. While I love the ideas of the boxes, I'm spending the $180/year I spend on boxes towards makeup I really want :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might be heading that way myself Jen, it's fun to try new things but if many of them I'm not going to use it does become a waste of money...

      Delete
  3. I got a different box, which I did like...but I am getting overrun with samples and starting to feel a bit over it...I will say that I'll probably use most of the samples in this month's box though!

    Reviewed it here: http://madeupmaiden.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/september-lust-have-it-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 2 drawers full of little sachets and sample pots now too - is getting a bit silly. I'm planning on taking a whole heap away with me in a few weeks so should get some good use out of them that way I'm thinking!

      Delete