Hawaii Haul: Sephora

Of course I had to make a stop (yeah, ok... so it may have been several stops... ) by Sephora while I was away to look at the fantastic products we don't have on offer to us here in Australia. The sales assistants at Sephora were so helpful and I was given so many freebies and samples to try out too - brilliant!




Philosophy Purity Cleanser 8oz
US20 (Australian retail is $30)
My skin was really playing up when I arrived at the start of my trip and I had seen this raved about so often I had to try it. I would've bought the largest size (double this one) but I was worried about weight/space getting it home.

Smith's Rosebud Salve in Minted Rose
USD$7 (Australian retail is $12.95)
Yet another cult favourite I had heard about and had to try out for myself.

 

Korres Lip Butter Trio in Jasmine, Pomegranate and Wild Rose
US$25 (normally US$12 each) (Australian retail is $18.95 each)
I initially wanted to pick up the Mango one of these but it was sold out and this set seemed much better value than just picking up a few seperately.

Korres Lip Butter (top to bottom): Jasmine, Pomegranate and Wild Rose

 
Tarina Tarintino Dollskin Cheek in Parasol
US$15 (not available in Australia)
This range was all on clearance as Sephora will no longer be stocking it so it was a fantastic opportunity to try out a few products. This blush was gorgeous and so pigmented. I probably would have picked up more but there were very limited items left on the shelves so I couldn't be too picky.

Tarina Tarantino Eye Dream Highlight Duo in Elektron/Amber
US$12 (not available in Australia)
These eye shadows were also so pigmented and luckily I was able to find this beautiful neutral duo.

Tarina Tarantino Conditioning Lip Sheen in Pendant
USD$14 (not available in Australia)
This looked like it would be a pretty pink for everyday use and the formula was lovely and moisturising.

Tarina Tarantino Eye Dream Hyperliner in Broken Doll
USD$9 (not available in Australia)
This actually doesn't show up as pink as it looks in the photo but I wanted it to like my inner lashline to give me a more awake look. It looks more of a pearly beige when on and I thought it would work better than the crisp white shade I almost bought instead.

Tarina Tarantino swatches (top to bottom):  Eye Dream Highlight Shadow in Jasper, Eye Dream Highlight Shadow in Jasper, Eye Dream Hyperliner in Broken Doll, Dollskin Cheek in Parasol and Conditioning Lip Sheen in Pendant

Make Up For Ever Full Cover Waterproof Concealor in Number 5
US$32 (not available in Australia)
When I swatch this it does look quite light but it blends perfectly under my eyes to brighten up the area. I haven't tested if this really is waterproof yet but with summer on it's way I'm sure it will get some good use!

Swatched: Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealor in number 5

One of the best things about Sephora is their Beauty Insided card which lets it's members access special offers as well as accumulate points for purchases that can then be swapped for little gifts. While I was there I managed to score quite a few little freebies!


Here's the little goodies I magnaged to score:
  • Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Sugar Rose
  • Fresh Lip Treatment in Sugar
  • NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil New Lover
  • Smashbox Best Sellers Kit which included: Full Exposure Mascara, Photo Finish Foundation Primer, Camera Ready BB Cream, Lip Enhancing Gloss and Bronze Lights Bronzer minis



I was chatting to the sales assistants about how bad my skin was looking and they were lovely enough to give me a few samples of products to try out including Ole Henriksen Truth Serum and Hourglass No. 28 Primer.

 

I was also given so many sachets to try out:
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
  • Ole Henriksen Truth is in the Eyes Eye Cream
  • Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Vitalizing Masque
  • Murad Pomegranate Exfoliating Mask
  • Peter Thomas Roth Anti-aging Cleansing Gel
  • Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Cream
I've noticed there are now websites popping up that do ship Sephora to Australia however shipping on these can be a bit high. I would probably use these if there are products I want to repurchase that aren't available here but I still have my fingers crossed one day Sephora will open here too.

Have you tried any of these products before?

I hope you're having a beautiful day!

2 comments:

  1. hey sarah! jus found your cute blog and gladly added myself to your followers! I’d love to have you stop by and say hi aswell! Also I’ll leave the link to a big international Juicy Couture GIveaway I’m having, in case you’re interested!:)

    Hope to see you there, and thanks so much beautiful!!
    Xo, Emily

    Juicy Couture Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Emily, love having new followers! :-)
      Mage jealous of you living in the US and getting to visit Sephora all the time! Haha...

      Delete