25 Random Facts About Me


I have seen quite a few variations of these doing the rounds on YouTube and blogs lately and I thought it would be a fun way for you to get to know me a little more than what I usually share with you on the blog.

Here goes…



  1. I absolutely hate writing in blue pens. No idea why but I will go searching high and low for a black one rather than use the blue.
  2. I had laser eye surgery when I was 22 and no longer need glasses (I wore them full time before that). The best thing I have ever done and I love the freedom it has given me!
  3. I am obsessed with peanut butter. I have been known to have peanut butter with honey on top of toast for dinner far more than I should admit to.
  4. I cannot stand pumpkin and can taste even the tiniest bit of it in food. I blame this on being force fed it too many times as a kid!
  5. When I was 19 I worked at a Jewish camp in the USA for six months. I’m not Jewish (staff didn’t have to be) but it was the best experience of my life so far.
  6. I am a massive bookworm. My aim is to finish 50 books this year.
  7. My very first job was as a pharmacy assistant. Growing up I always thought they were so glamorous and it gave me plenty of opportunity to play with beauty products during downtime. 
  8. By day I work as a graphic designer. I am hoping to get more organised this year so I can do more freelance design work.
  9. Macarons are my favourite treat. I am obsessed with Adriano Zumbo and his creations and even met him once at book signing. Shame I got nervous and all I could manage was to squeak a hello! Cringe – not my finest moment!
  10. In April 2014 I will officially be an auntie for the very first time!
  11. I took classical singing lessons for about six years and used to be in many local musicals as a teenager.
  12. I own a surfboard but cannot surf. It’s been something I’ve wanted to perfect but sadly just haven’t had the time…
  13. I have never broken a bone or had stitches - touch wood!
  14. I have a massive sweet tooth. My boyfriend has to hide chocolate from me as I am may eat an entire block (although I am definitely getting much better at resisting)!
  15. My friend and I decided to dig to China as kids. We dug a pretty impressive hole in the back yard (it was taller than out heads) trying but sadly didn’t make it to China.
  16. Last year I tore tendons in my ankle and very nearly needed surgery. I was in a moon boot for a few weeks and am now working on building up my strength in it again so I can complete the half marathon I missed out on in October.
  17. My favourite colour is pink. Sometimes I think I’m to old for pink, but that never lasts too long!
  18. High-rise baloneys make me really nervous… I’m fine with looking at views from behind glass but when I watch people go near the edge it gives me the heebie jeebies…
  19. I was an official taste tester for Cadbury for a few months. My dad worked there and all us kids would be sent different samples to try and review. I once had to eat 8 kinds of white chocolate in a sitting and analyse each.
  20. Reality TV is a bit of a guilty pleasure.
  21. My cat Milo is a little bit special. We found her in the street when she was tiny and no one had reported her missing so she stayed. She does some strange things and thinks she’s the boss of the house… I’m sure there’s a screw missing somewhere!
  22. I have driven the same car since I got my licence at eighteen. Really time for an upgrade…
  23. I was lucky enough to be a bridesmaid twice last year for two of my closest friends (the photo above is from one of the weddings).
  24. My jaw clicks when I chew sometimes, especially when I eat Minties. It’s done this ever since I had my wisdom teeth out and I’ve been told it may be because somehow my jaw became misaligned in the process.
  25.  I rarely drink coffee. I just don’t like the taste and the caffeine never seemed to do anything for me but I drink bucket loads of tea each day...
Would love to know some random facts about you all...


Hope you are having a beautiful day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment